Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kate Winslet

Personally, I thought Kate Winslet's gown was gorgeous. She wore a grey ensamble made exclusively for her by Yves St. Laurent. However, one of her toughest critics did not like her gown one bit. Winslet's 8 year old daughter, Mia, didn't like the color, she thought the gray was too dreary. I have to disagree with Mia, I thought the dress had a smooth safistication and the grey color complimented that. The lace with rose detailing made the gown elegant, and the A-symetrical strap made it current. I also loved her hair, it loked very futuristic, yet had a 50's vibe to it. Her jewlery, all by Chopard, added some glitz and glam. What do you think about Kate's look??



(pictures from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/oscars/4783532/Oscars-2009-The-red-carpet.html )

2 comments:

caroline said...

i love it! she is stunning and looks totally comfortable too. love her
xox

Couture Carrie said...

I think this dress is lovely, but I would have preferred Kate in strapless!

xoxox,
CC