Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring '09 Trends I am wearing!

Black on White Prints
Your basic black and white got re-vamped! Worn together, the colors look effortlessly chic and definately NOT boring. Oscar de la Renta displayed this trend at his show! I usually accessorize with a bright colored handbag while wearing this trend! It adds a nice pop of color, try hot pink or bright yellow!
Oscar de la Renta black on white print dress

Mix-Matching
When I was a child my mother allowed me to dress myself on Fridays. Usually my outfits consisted of mix-match patterns. Luckily, the trend is in season! Designers such as my all time favorite, Michael Kors, put patterns together in unexpected ways! The trick to wearing this trend is to stay cohesive when it comes to the colors.
Michael Kors red, white, and blue mix match look

Pastels
Wearing pastels just screams "Spring" the only problem is they can have the tendancy to wash people out. So when I wear pastels I try to accent with a brighter shade of the same color. Just like Isaac Mizrahi did in his Spring '09 collection. I also wear a brighter color blush and lip gloss than usual so I don't look so pale.
Isaac Mizrahi yellow pastel lace crochet dress with a brighter yellow under shirt
What are your favorite 09 spring trends?
Pics from Style.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the black, white and red look!